GREEN EVOLUTION, GOLF COURSE AS ECOSYSTEM
Our sustainable programme: Green Evolution. This strategic plan focuses on four core areas: water management, energy management, sustainable consumption and preservation of the natural environment. All this with the aim of transforming Arabella Golf Mallorca into a circular company.
Arabella Golf Mallorca has a beneficial impact on the environment, according to our carbon footprint calculation Numerous pioneering environmental actions led to a 6.6% reduction in atmospheric emissions. In addition, the extensive vegetation on our three golf courses offsets the company’s CO2 emissions.
OUR CONTRIBUTION TO
FOUR CORE STRATEGIC AREAS
Water is our most valuable resource. Sustainable water consumption and the use of recycled water are fundamental pillars in combating the water crisis we are currently facing.
At Arabella Golf Mallorca these are the actions we have implemented for sustainable water management:
- Reuse of 900.000 m3 of reclaimed water that nourishes and replenishes the aquifers
- New irrigation system that optimises water use
- Change of grass at Golf Son Muntaner that enables less use of chemicals and significant water savings
- Replacement of urinals in toilets and changing rooms with ‘waterless’ equipment
Energy saving and efficiency and renewable energies are key to optimising consumption and moving towards a cleaner and more sustainable model.
At Arabella Golf Mallorca, we have implemented these actions for sustainable energy management:
- Use of clean energy through the installation of electric car recharging points
- Replacement of light fixtures in clubhouses with LED technology
- Use of hybrid machinery
Arabella Golf Mallorca is developing an ambitious project to equip its facilities with photovoltaic panels, and ensure that the generation of electricity is clean and sustainable.
The goal of sustainable consumption and production is to do more and better things with fewer resources as efficiently as possible.
At Arabella Golf Mallorca these are the actions we have implemented for sustainable consumption and production.
- Installation of osmosis water fountains and sale of aluminium bottles to avoid the use of plastics
- Production of oil from olive trees located on the courses
- Selective separation of waste at the courses
- Use of recycled material for office and clubhouse stationery
- Substitution of chemicals with organic phytosanitary products
The courses at Arabella Golf Mallorca are a shining example of how to preserve the natural environment and the plants and wildlife present in this environment, as demonstrated by our carbon footprint calculation.
At Arabella Golf Mallorca, we have implemented these actions for the preservation of the natural environment.
- Offsetting CO2 emissions through the extensive vegetation on our 3 golf courses according to our carbon footprint calculation
- Preserving the habitats of the species existing on the golf courses
- Guided tours for schoolchildren to discover the flora and fauna of a golf course
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AWARDS
Our core strategic areas, as well as the actions included in them, are aligned with 8 of the 17 sustainable development goals established by world leaders to achieve by 2030.
Arabella Golf Mallorca holds EMAS and ISO 14001 certifications for all its courses.
We joined the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative through the Spanish Global Compact Network to align our operations with the 10 principles and work towards the Sustainable Development Goals.